Suggest a News Article
Do you have a news article that you would like published on the website?Suggest news
Shed TV - November 2012 - mid-month update
Sun, 2nd December 2012
Find out what's new on the Shed Online, in this mid-month update. We have a new gardening activity, an interview with David Helmers from the Australian Men's Shed Association. In this month's health Q&A, our expert will be available to answer any questions you may have on the topic of prostate cancer - plus we have a new handyman DIY activity, & plenty more...
G'day Shedders. Movember moustaches will be coming along nicely by now. Funds raised through Movember are used to benefit a range of health initiatives for men. This includes beyondblue's work to raise awareness of depression and anxiety and the Prostate Cancer Foundation's work into researching the disease and providing support for those affected by it. Make sure you support your fellow Mo Bros and Sistas this year and help Movember continue its important work.
- AMSA interview: Tony comes to us from the Moonee Valley Men’s Shed where he has a chat with David Helmers, Executive Officer of the Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA) about the Men’s Shed movement and how AMSA plays a special role in supporting Men’s Sheds.
Health and Lifestyle
- Prostate Cancer Q&A: Remember to send your questions in to our Q&A host for this month, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.
- Repairing rotted wood: Our handyman Maurie returns to demonstrate how to repair rotted wood in a window or door frame.
- Planting a colour pot: Andrew Laidlaw, from the Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne, looks at designing a garden pot full of colour and texture.
From the Blog
- Medications for depression: Psychiatrist Conrad Newman continues his series of feature stories looking at men and mental health.
- Why it is important to know your family medical history: This Movember, men are being encouraged to learn their family health history to understand any risks they may face.
Discussions - Book club
- The Island of Doctor Moreau: Join in and post your own reviews about this book in our book club discussion. Remember; if you’re interested in choosing a book and being a book club host for a month then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Til next time, Shedders!