Suggest a News Article
Do you have a news article that you would like published on the website?Suggest news
Shed TV - October 2012 - mid-month update
Sat, 27th October 2012
Find out what's new on the Shed Online, in this mid-month update. We have a new gardening activity, a film review to check out plus a special Movember interview. In this month's health Q&A, our expert will answer any questions you may have on the topic of anxiety - plus we have new lifestyle & I.T. activities, & plenty more...
G'day Shedders. Spring is in the air, and it's a great time to shrug off those winter blues and get outside. Let's take a look at what's "sprung up" recently at The Shed Online, in our October mid-month update.
- Movember interview: Find out how the Movember movement started, what this year's campaign is all about and how you can get involved.
- Anxiety checklist: Have a go, and see how well you do.
- Eucalyptus pruning: October is the start of a brand new series of gardening "how-to" videos with landscape architect, Andrew Laidlaw. Spring is a great time to get out in the garden, so grab your spade and secateurs, and take a look.
- Getting into fishing: We know a lot of you enjoy fishing as a pastime, but if you're someone who hasn't done much fishing maybe you'd like to consider taking it up as a hobby. We have just the activity for you - you never know, you might just get "hooked'. And remember - if you do catch a big one, post a picture for us all to see in the discussions section!
- I.T. activity: Most of us end up with lots of passwords that we use on various internet sites. Find out what you can do to make your passwords safe and keep your online information under lock and key.
- Anxiety videos: Our health focus on the subject of anxiety continues. Take a look at new videos from beyondblue.
- Anxiety Q&A: Take part in our anxiety Q&A with an expert from Anxiety Recovery Centre Victoria. Post your questions, and look out for answers next month.
From the Blog
- Depression - Barriers to taking action: Read a new article about the barriers that men encounter when seeking help for depression. It's been contributed by psychaitrist, Dr. Conrad Newman.
- Film review - Margin Call: Check out the new film review for the recent movie "Margin Call", which tells the story of a Wall Street bank in crisis as it attempts to avoid the worst financial crisis since The great Depression. Rent it from your local video store, and see if you agree with our reviewer's critique.
Discussions - Book club
- He Died with a Felafel in his Hand: You can join in on the discussion about this book, and read what our host reviewer has to say about it. Next month's book is "The Island of Doctor Moreau" by H.G Wells - so get reading.
Remember, you can have a go at hosting one of our book clubs. Introduce yourself and propose your book by emailing us at email@example.com.
Take a look at the wide range of discussion topics we have going here on The Shed Online. Add your voice by becoming a member and posting your thoughts. And while you're looking around, make sure you check out our news and events sections, and our health and lifestyle pages
'Til next time Shedders!