Suggest a News Article
Do you have a news article that you would like published on the website?Suggest news
Shed TV - September 2012 - mid-month update
Mon, 1st October 2012
Find out what's new on the Shed Online, in this mid-month update. We have a new DIY activity, two new film reviews to check out and a book club discussion. In this month's health Q&A, our expert will answer any questions you may have on the topic of dementia.
G'day Shedders, Tony here with a quick rundown of some recent additions to The Shed Online. Once again, welcome to all our new members - we hope you're enjoying looking around The Shed.
Some new activities have just been put up:
- Paint Stripping: Take a look to find out how to give your tired timber a new lease of life. Our handyman, Maurie demonstrates how to strip paint from a wooden window frame, door or piece of furniture.
- Living more efficiently: Take a look at this new activity which gives you a number of handy tips to help you be more efficient in your home. We all like saving money, and one way to do that is to keep your living costs down.
- Dementia health focus for September: We've got a new activity that looks at caring for sufferers of this disease. It's taken from the book "We can, we can, we can" by Alzheimer's Australia.
- Brainy App: Find out about the BrainyApp that you can download for your smartphone. It includes a brain health survey and games and activities to test your memory and keep your mind active.
- Dementia Q&A: Send in your questions and our expert will provide answers here on the site next month.
- Remember to check out our book club discussion topic. Read this month's book, and tell us your thoughts about it next month. If you would like to have a go at hosting a book club here on The Shed Online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Blog
- There's lots to read in the blog this month. We've got two new reviews of some not-so-new, but well worth-watching films. The Aussie classic "The Chant Of Jimmy Blacksmith" and "Casablanca" one of the most famous movies of all time.
- How painting helped an ex prisoner-of-war: Take a look at this special article from shed member Keith about how his father used art to help deal with his experience as a POW.
- Budgeting: In our finance blog, you can get some helpful tips about budgeting, and keeping track of where your money goes.
We’re pleased to announce a brand new feature on The Shed Online. If you are a Men’s Shed registered with AMSA, you can now set up your own profile on The Shed Online to keep everyone informed about what's going on in your shed.
Take a look at some of the Men’s Shed Profiles already on the site, and register your men's shed now.
Well, all that should keep you going for a little while. I'll be back in a couple of weeks with more of what's new, here on The Shed Online.
'Til next time, Shedders!