What's new on The Shed Online this month? We have an interview with 500cc motorcycle racing champion, Mick Doohan.
New activities include a planting design workshop and we look under the hood of a couple of cars for some auto component identification.
In the blog we have two new film reviews for "The Right Stuff" and "The Ides of March".
And, our latest health focus is on "Alcohol and other drugs".
Welcome to Shed TV, where we bring you up-to-date with what’s new on The Shed Online in April.
- Interview with Mick Doohan: Australia has just been hit with Grand Prix fever after hosting the first race of the season. We talk to a two-wheeled racing champion, Mick Doohan, who was at the Grand Prix. Check out our interview with Mick, where he talks about his motorcycle racing, being world champion, and more.
- Under the hood: We round-up our series of car-care tips with a guided tour under the bonnet. Jason shows us how to recognise the various components that make your car go.
- Planting design workshop – part 1: Continuing with our series of gardening activities for the autumn season, we bring you part one of our “planting design workshop" with Andrew Laidlaw from the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne. Get out your gardening gloves, and give it a go!
From the Blog
You’ll find two new film reviews in our Blog.
- The Ides of March (2011) film review: And, from last year, Bernard casts his eye over "The Ides Of March" starring George Clooney as a Presidential candidate on the election trail.
- Alcohol and other drugs: Our Shed Online health focus is on alcohol and other drugs. Go to the health and lifestyle section of the site to read thought-provoking info that’s relevant for all blokes - older fellas in particular. You’ll also find a number of useful links, including a test you can take for measuring a standard drink.
- Hearing Q&A: Still on health, our expert from Australian Hearing has posted answers to your questions in our "Hearing Q&A". You’ll find this in the discussions section.
While you’re at the Discussions section of the site, take a look at all the topics being talked about by Shed Online members. You can make your own contribution and share your thoughts with the rest of our community. Just sign up as a member, and you can reply to a post or start a discussion of your own. You can also use our "chat" feature, which allows you to communicate with other members in real-time.
News & Events
News and events for this month include:
- Australian Survivorship Action Partnership: And, Movember and beyondblue announce the establishment of the Australian Survivorship Action Partnership which aims to improve the lives of people living with prostate cancer.
There’s so much happening in April here on The Shed Online. Take a good look around, and think about making a contribution yourself. We’ll be back in a couple of weeks with more updates.
'Til next time, Shedders!