Using the My Messages section
The Message Centre is a great way to communicate with your mates. Once you've found some mates and added them to your My Mates list, you'll be able to send and receive messages to them from the My Messages section.
- You must be registered and signed in to access My Messages.
- When you click on My Messages (in the top right-hand corner of the screen) you are taken to the Inbox of the Message Centre.
- You can view your sent messages by clicking 'Sent' in the navigation on the left-hand side.
- When you're signed in, you'll be notified of a new message from a mate by a blue icon displaying a number – next to the My Messages link. The number represents how many messages you have waiting.
Reading and replying to a message
When viewing your Inbox, your received messages will be listed down the page, with the newest at the top.
- Click on the title or the body of the message to view the entire message.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the message, and you'll notice a text area for entering your reply.
- Enter a reply and click 'send'.
Creating a message
To create a new message, click 'Create a new message' from the Inbox screen.
- You'll then be taken to the New Message page.
- To find a mate to message, simply click once in the Recipients field. A drop-down box will appear displaying your list of mates.
- Start typing your mate's name in the box – the system will match names from your mates list as your type.
- When the mate you want to message is displayed, click on their name and they will be placed into the recipients list. You can message more than one mate at a time by repeating this process.
- Then type the title and text of your message and click 'Send'.
The message will be sent to your mate and placed in your sent box. Note: To send a message to someone on the site, they must be a mate of yours.
Deleting a message
- From the Inbox or Sent box, click on the checkbox to the left of the message you wish to delete. A tick will be displayed.
- Click 'Delete selected messages'.
The messages will be deleted and removed from your Inbox or Sent box.
Want to know what's in The Shed? Get all the info on how to sign up as a Shed Online member, and find out about the interesting things you can do here on the site by watching this video.View Activity