Updating My Profile
Connect with other members
- Click 'My Profile' when you're signed in to access the Profile page.
- Edit your public profile - the details that display to other users.
- Edit your private information - the details that are not displayed to other users.
- When you've finished editing, click 'Save profile changes'.
When you start using The Shed Online, the first thing you should do is update your profile, by going to the My Profile section.
Updating your profile helps other users connect with you. By filling in information such as things that interest you, or writing a small 'bio' about yourself, other users will find you based on interests you share.
To find the My Profile page, you must be registered and signed in to The Shed.
My Public profile
Your public profile consists of information that is visible to other users, when your privacy setting is set to default. It consists of the following information:
You can add an image of yourself to your profile.
This is your nickname that displays in the Discussions area. Your screen name cannot be edited and is unique on the site (no one else can have the same screen name as you).
Choose from Mr, Mrs, Miss and Ms.
You can view and edit your first name as entered at registration.
You can view and edit your surname as entered at registration.
Help other users connect with you over similar interests – select the interests from the range of options. If you have any other specific interests that aren’t listed, enter them in ‘Other interests’.
A Bio (short for 'biography') is a brief description about you. Enter a short paragraph that best describes you and helps other users understand you.
Your signature will appear at the bottom of every post you make in the discussions area.
Stands for Instant Messenger Address. If you have a Google Chat, Aim, Yahoo, Skype, QQ, MSN, ICQ or Jabber account, you can share your address details here.
If you have a personal website, you can list the address here for other users to see.
Uploading a profile image
You can add an image to display with your profile, here's how:
- Click 'Edit profile'
- Click 'Update image'. A window opens.
- Click 'Browse' to choose a file to upload from your computer.
- Navigate to an image to upload – the image must be a .jpg .png or .gif image and be under 1mb (or 1000kb).
- Wait for the image to upload and when it is finished it will display in the window. (If it fails to upload, an error will be displayed).
- Click OK to close the window.
- Your image should be displayed on your profile. Now click 'Save profile changes' to save the image in place.
My private information
This area displays information that is not shown to other users independent of your privacy settings (see My Settings help area to learn more about your privacy settings).
You can view and edit the email address you entered at registration.
Change password / Retype password:
You can update and change your password at any time, just make sure to enter your new password into both the Change password and Retype new password area.
You can update your private information with you physical address details.
Suburb / State:
Update your suburb / state details.
Update your postcode.
Enter a landline or mobile number.
Year of birth:
Enter year of birth.
Want to know what's in The Shed? Get all the info on how to sign up as a Shed Online member, and find out about the interesting things you can do here on the site by watching this video.View Activity